Feb 23, 2024
The General Studies degree program is for adult learners lacking a defined major area of study wishing to complete a baccalaureate degree. It allows a student who has completed credits that don’t fit neatly into another degree path to complete a baccalaureate degree in a timely manner.
The Bachelor of General Studies can only be declared as a first baccalaureate degree.
- Any courses ordinarily accepted for credit by Friends University may be chosen as hours to apply toward the 124 credit hours required for graduation.
- Students pursuing a General Studies degree may not have an additional major.
- Students pursuing a General Studies degree must comply with the Friends University Residency Requirement.
Bachelor of General Studies
College of Graduate and Professional Studies
Major Requirements: 30 credit hours
The major shall have a core component of courses totaling 30 credit hours beyond those taken to fulfill the general education requirements.
- Credit hours in the major cannot include 100-level courses.
- Credit hours in the major must include a minimum of 18 credit hours at 300-level or higher.
- Courses counted toward the major must be passed with an earned grade of ‘C’ or better.
Total Major Requirements: 30 credit hours
Total Degree Requirements: 124 credit hours